Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Giving Credit where Credit is Due

My mind has been preoccupied lately. Ever since stumbling across Kuwaitexposed.

Who would have thought, such intense emotion can come from such a simple website. Actually, blog.

At first; I was furious when I stumbled across it. It seemed to be the underbelly of all that is wrong in Kuwait. Guy posts about how he goes drinking at his chalet and mistakenly calls up his mother; another is basically posting his resume of indescretions that have taken him around the globe. It seemed to be, a site for vice.

Until I wrote a post titled, "what do women want?", the response I received, in my humble opinion, was overwhelming. I was under the impression that chivalry, along with our economy, was in a steady state of decline over the past couple of years. The guy who opens doors and pulls chairs was now put on the side-lines, as a new model was released with a devil-may-cry attitude.

I have to take a laughing break; to some extent, I want what I write to be accurate, so I quickly opened a new window to type up the phrase "devil may cry" attitude, just to make sure it was correct. It then reminded me that I wanted to check out the meaning of the phrase "5 o'clock shadow", which I did. And, as if the fates have ganged up on me to make my "love quest" more obvious, or to have a cruel laugh at me, I found this in the wiki-article:

A study in the U.K. found that women rated men with facial stubble as tough, mature, aggressive, dominant, masculine and as the best romantic partners, either for a fling or a long-term relationship.

Thats one thing on the list of things that women want, that I cannot give, as I am thoroughly lacking in the facial hair department, apart from scattered stubble and side-burns, I have nothing. The most I can hope for is the "ants-on-the-face" look.

Re-tracked.

There are just so many sub-divisions under the Love-Umbrella, they are difficult to focus on!

I believe the post should have been titled; how to get the woman you want, as opposed to what women want. Mel Gibson proved it in that movie; women's wants, like the sea, are endless. And as business has taught us, wants are unlimited. It is the need that is defined. So, what do women need? Asides from the basic necessities such as food, shelter, clothing etc.?

Contrary to my beliefs, not all women are simply staying at home, awaiting prince charming to ride up on his white steed and whisk her away to a happily ever after; how to create a platform for said woman to meet the right guy?

Stay tuned.

No comments: