Saturday, April 03, 2010

I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque...

This month, the debut of a new regular on this blog, the funnies City name.

Alot of people were fans of Friends, the TV show that ran for 10 seasons. Die-hard fans would remember in one episode, where Chandler wondered, wouldn't be funny if there were a town in the US called Sample, and at the entrance, you'd have a sign that read "You're In Sample".

Well this month, I decided to give the title to Effingham, Illinois.

Now, the funny thing is, I never would have ran across this fantastically named city, with a population of 12,384 as of 2000, had it not been for the CMA (Certified Management Accounting) course I am studying. There was a sample Management letter from the Management of Krispy Kreme, and they had just opened a new factory in... you guessed it.

Brings to mind that hilarious audio joke file, "The Eff Word"...

For more about Effingham, Illinois.

No comments: